Friday 24 March 2017

Spring Melancholy

Hi there, Creative Friends!
Today we meet with Karolina who is sharing her breathtaking new canvas along with some great creative tricks that you could use too while creating your own art.
Karolina's ideas are really simple ways to achieve some really spectacular effects - you should really try them out yourselves!

*   *   *   *
Hey everyone!
The Spring is already behind the window but melancholy is still sitting on my desk...
Sometimes I think my desk resembles a mysterious art garden - it's always covered with creative materials and supplies, little trinkets and pretty embellishments. I always discover something that inspires me to action: canvas, bits of lace, metal elements. I love my artistic mess. :)

Today I have for you a very delicate and subtle new canvas of mine with a sentimental melancholic vibe.
To create it, I used many products from the Art Basics line.
Did you know that all Art Basics media have adhesive properties? I love how versatile they are and how everything was carefully thought out when they were created.
So for example I used Gel Medium to glue all kinds of elements to the background - moulds, lace, cardboard, papers, Mechanicals metal flowers and numbers.
All the embellishments and the background were painted with Modeling Paste and then sprinkled with the magical Art Ingredients Art Stones.
Then I covered the whole composition with White Gesso preparing it for the colors that I wanted to use.
For that I used Art Alchemy acrylic paints and Mica Powders and created the character and the mood of my piece. I love the effect...
You will find the selection of Mica Powders, Art Alchemy Opal Magic, Sparks and Metallique paints that I used in my video tutorial and the product list below.
I used different kinds of very simple techniques to create some interesting effects - and you can use them in any work of yours:

I highlighted all the dark elements of my composition with Art Alchemy Waxes and that gave a stunning effect. You should really try this trick!

I built up colors creating a special 3D effect applying 3 paints on top of each other, separating each of them with a layer of White Gesso. The result was truly amazing!

Finally, I did some stamping in the background. That way the work became really expressive and delicately connected the composition with the background.

You should also try the combination of Glitter and Art Pebbles - I just love this effect!
Enjoy the video!





As you can see I based my composition on a triangle using contrasting elements and colours.
I hope you like my new piece and feel inspired by the techniques I used.

If you have any questions, leave a comment, I'll be happy to answer.
And as always we all hope to see your beautiful projects in our friendly Finnabair & Friends - Open Studio facebook group - see you there!

Hugs,






Products used:

1 comment:

Sue Lelli said...

Karolina's creation is so BEAUTIFUL! I LOVED watching the tutorial and seeing it evolve. So inspiring with a LOVELY result!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...